Help the Child in Choosing the Sports Which He Likes:
Let the child choose which sport to do. Hard work and diligence is good, but first of all, children should enjoy what they are doing. Talk with your child about your and his expectations, tell us that nothing is impossible. Consider combining school and hobbies.
Plenty of Time to Relax:
Before starting the new season, make sure that your expectations are true and that your child will have plenty of time to relax.
High-Quality Equipment to Motivate the Child:
- Get high-quality equipment for sports: clothes, shoes, necessary accessories.
- Comfort and safety should be the main criteria when choosing.
- In addition, properly selected equipment will save you from overwork and injury.
- Pay attention to design. Beautiful things become loved, and this increases the mood and motivation even among adults, to say nothing of children.
Appreciate Your Child in Sports:
It is normal to expect that a child athlete will make every effort to achieve high results in his sport. You, as a parent, invest your time and money in this. But you should not pay too much attention to the final result. Look at the situation as a whole – what progress has your son or daughter made since the beginning of the year, season. If suddenly you decide to quit the section, first think about what the child achieved in comparison with the first lessons. Do not underestimate even small successes!
Boost Your Child in the Competitions:
- Be close, cheer up the baby. Especially during the competition.
- Take an interest in what your little athlete does. Show that you believe in him, but do not go too far.
- Be a good example for other children and parents who find it difficult to control their emotions.
- Teach what you need to rejoice not only in your successes, but also in the successes of others, and accept defeat without envy, resentment or reproach.
Talk to Your Child After Training or Competition:
Do not forget to ask the child after training or competition whether he liked or was pleased. If he has no desire to talk about it or is tired, do not insist, treat his desire with respect. Try to talk about this later, choosing a better moment.
Talk about The Weak Points of the Child But in A Good Mood:
- Be honest, but positive.
- When you express your opinion about the success of the child, try to operate on the facts. For example, you can say: “I saw that you missed the ball, it happens. I am sure that next time you will succeed! ”Or:
- “You already very well manage to swim breaststroke, you will soon master the crawl.”
- Do not dramatize, and if failure suddenly occurs, then love, patience and support will be the most faithful helpers.
- Pay attention to what happened well, but when you praise, do not disassemble, tell the truth.
Make Your Child Responsible and Sensible:
Teach your child to correctly perceive both their victories and defeats. As a result, he will learn to take responsibility, analyze his mistakes and be proud of well-deserved success.
Do not Burdenise Your Child:
- Make sure the child is not overworked.
- Help him find and maintain a balance between hard work and relaxation.
In no case …!
- You can’t try to make your sports dream come true!
- You can not put pressure on the child. Try not to be intrusive, do not stress the child, otherwise you will beat off all desire.
- Do not let him fear failure – do not promise too high a reward for a successful performance and in no case threaten punishment in case of failure.
- Your game as a super-trainer or crazy fan can develop a sense of anxiety or even fear in your child. Stay yourself, let the child feel like in a quiet bay near you. To get the child out of the comfort zone is the trainer’s task.
- Do not be nervous and scream at your child, his friends, their parents, coach or referee. This is unacceptable!